College Life: The First Semester


Looking back through my old posts (only two haha), I realised I haven't been blogging for quite a long time. The very last blog post of mine was published on the 20th of January and today, it's 6th of December in Malaysia, look at how 'dedicated' I am in blogging haha! I think I had to stop blogging after January because of work. Yup, I had to work for 12 hours a day at this local bookstore which is quite famous and honestly, I don't wanna work there ever again! It was the worst job ever! Or maybe it was just me who hated that because honestly, I don't really like working for a very long time and that I just don't like dealing with people (a.k.a customers).

Okay let's get back to the topic! I started my college life on 5th of June this year at Johor Matriculation College and to be very honest, I really thought I would love it at first but then- *insert ugly crying here*. I am currently on my semester break but it's going to end in like 3 days left. I guess semester 2 is going to be a lot more challenging but yea, whatever it is, commitment and passion are important.

WARNING: THIS IS QUITE A LENGTHY POST

The very first few days in JMC was kind of exciting because it was that time when you got to know new friends and lecturers and that your notes hadn't piled up just yet. My additional subject for the first semester were kind of relaxing. We had this sorta like PE class and it's called Ko-K. Each practicum was given different activities to carry out and my practicum had to play badminton; which I really, really am not good at (because I play BADminton).

After months being there, I already felt the pressure coming after me. Quizzes were done like almost every week. Homework and assignments were piling up like crazy to the point that whenever I had to go back to the college after a short holiday, I would cry really badly because I missed my parents and my little sisters so much. I really hope after this semester break, everything is going to be alright because my parents don't get to send me back to the college so I have to take the bus this Saturday. 😢

Friends and Crushes
To be very honest, I don't really have that much friends in my college. I rarely even talk to my roommates and yup, I kinda like that because I know I wouldn't like it if they are talkative because that means I have to deal with noisiness when studying. Thank God for giving me roommates with diamonds in their mouths. The only close friends I have in my college are those who were in the same secondary school as me.
My crush towards someone doesn't usually last. I don't actually know how it happened but I was suddenly attracted to a guy I only got to meet during lecture and during class shifting. He's tall, not too skinny nor too chubby, not too handsome so he's most likely do not have many fans and yea, he's kind of cute in my opinion. He plays basketball too (according to my friend). I really am attracted to boys who play basketball I don't even know why. But I hope my feelings towards him fade anytime soon because he is really impossible to get.

My Experience Dealing with Assignments
Well dealing with assignments was pretty exhausting especially for this Biology group assignment. My group had to stay awake till 4 am that very fateful day because we had to record a video on this certain topic (it was about Lipids if I was not wrong) and then I went back to my dorm hungry and had my dinner, yes, dinner around 4:30 am and then I went to sleep. I refuse to call it a supper because well, I had not eaten anything yet since noon. For Physics, we had to make a scrapbook and my group made one for air conditioner; its function and how it works etc. As for Maths, we had to present the solutions to all the questions we received in front of the class (which I think I failed miserably). For Chemistry, my group worked on the Lewis structures thingy; the molecular shape, hybridisation and whatsoever. Non of these assignments were easy to me. All of them required blood, sweat and tears lol.



Study Week and Final Week
Study week is that week where you struggle really badly to digest every chapter in every subject you are taking. However, I didn't really struggle because all I did was sleeping and I only studied for Maths and revised a little bit of certain Chemistry and Biology chapters. I didn't study for Physics at all because there were 3 days gap before Physics examination. Throughout this week, I rarely even go to the cafeteria to buy food. All I had was Milo 3 in 1 which helped me to stay awake. I had so many alarm notifications set on my phone. I even had some of my best friends to call me so that I would not miss that morning revision.
I didn't have proper sleep during my final week. All I had was 15 to 30 minutes naps in between my revision because all I had in mind that time was to do it so that I can pay back what my parents had and have done to me.💕



I am going to put some pictures that would literally speak a thousand memories I had mustered during my first semester but I don't want to make this post to be so long with overloaded pictures. I think I'm going to post them later whenever I have the chance to!

Have a nice day ahead. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Pottermore Profile

Uni Life: The First Semester

Fresh Beginning