Uni Life: The First Semester




Hey there (nobody).

Guess what? I am finally done with the semester one of my bachelor degree programme lol.
It scares me every time to think about how time flies really quick because I feel like as if it was just last week that I had a no-veggie cheese chicken burger at matriculation cafe, and that it was just yesterday that I had my voice gone from all the college chants and upbeat cheers during the orientation week. But oh well, four months gone now and I successfully ended my first semester, nonchalantly—well not really. If you were in my shoes, you'd know the unspoken shits I had to go through during the first semester. A heckin vast journey, an exceptionally long roller-coaster ride.

I'm curently on my first semester break fyi. I really wanna keep all of my university semesters (a total of eight, seven if you exclude this post) so-called 'memories' and experiences 'scribbled' in this blog but first thing first, let's see how I can cope with my indolence because that is a major reason why I don't post anything on my blog for a year lol. You can totally see it from my last post, which supposedly have (need) to have a sequel to it; College Life: The Second (a.k.a Last) Semester, but I guess it's too late for that hahaha even though I have a lot to say about. Hm, right *rubs nape* honestly I don't even know what am I gonna write here. Let's see what I've got on my mind. 

WARNING! GUESS THIS IS GONNA BE QUITE ANOTHER LENGTHY POST.

My roommate is my classmate
Yup, you (or nobody) read(s) it right. My roommate is my own classmate and I have to say this, at least it's safe enough to say it here; I do not like the idea of having to share a room with my own classmate and I don't even know why I don't like it, I think it has something to do with my personal preferences lol. Or maybe, it's just plainly because I dislike her attitude, nope, not gonna highlight her negativity here, I've so much more positive words to say. And the worst part is, she has the same name as mine (but with different spelling, thank God) so whenever her friends came to our room and called out her name, I, too would reflexively (uh, is that even a word) look at who's coming because...we've got the same? ducking? name? bruh? and that's the answer to as how, my dear friends, my life as 'Haziqah' begun. But I am never complaining and I will never complain about that because Haziqah literally means 'intelligence' in Arabic and people calling me with that name feels like as if they are praying for me to get my flat, mayhaps, non-existence ass out of my idiocy.

Classmates
I seriously have got zero thing to say about my classmates because no, it's not like I know them damn well to even brag about them here? But as a quick review, I have a total of 29 classmates (excluding me, of course because the real total would be 30 people altogether). 29 local students, and only one international student from Yemen, whom, to my surprise would love to choose this rare engineering course I'm pursuing because we aren't that big, the course isn't that well-known but still, the world needs us. If not, why would they offer this course in the first place, right? Oh and also, they only pick 30 students every year, which I'm still not clear about as to why they have to do that. Because, the more, the merrier. Or according to my conscious self, more people means you can skip classes without being noticed hehe.

Faculty of Chemical and Energy Engineering
This faculty is one hell of a labyrinth, I swear. It's the only faculty up on the hill. The arrangement of the buildings is quite bizarre. The main building has way too many stairs, I mean you can pass 5000 steps a day just walking to go to your next class lmao jk maybe 1000 steps. I mean, imagine this, your class is in level two so you gotta go upstairs. Once you're upstairs, you thought you just have to walk the corridors to get to your small lecture hall, huh? Hell to the no, mate. To get to your class once you're in level two, you gotta go down around seven stairs, walk pass through a mini corridor (or should I say a mini bridge) where you can see part of the faculty's green scenery, go up a little bit around five stairs and turn to the right and voila, welcome to your next class. Not to mention all the heckin stairs and huge Hogwarts-like bridge that we have to pass through to get to the building that rooms big lecture halls. Wow, I'm gonna live my life for four years exploring the never-ending labyrinth. Interesting.

Club activities, events blablabla
I think I joined way too much clubs this semester/year but I'm only active in like several ones and that include Nuclear Engineering Student Society (NESS), Astronomy Club and Taekwondo. But Astronomy Club barely had any activities going on last semester. We once had this sky-gazing activity but I couldn't make it to the venue that day because I was watching my all-time favourite, long-awaited movie, Fantastic Beasts and the Crimes of Grindelwald, which had me frustrated once I got out of the cinema because of the epic plot twist *deep sigh*. As for taekwondo, I only attended few training classes because I was lazy, lethargic, demotivated even though I only have like one exam left to get my black belt lol. I'm disappointed in myself for not being flexible enough and I'm not a sports person, I am not even close to being an adventurous person, I only love laying in bed doing nothing and just read. I guess I will never stop reading until I'm officially blind. Reading is fun. You can tell me otherwise and that will never stop me.

Also, I handled two events organised by NESS last semester; the national-level debate competition and an international conference. Being involved in publicity department for both of the events except that I was the head of department of publicity for the debate competition, with no downline or whatsoever, I thought it was fun involving in these events but it grew boring when I had to be in the same department repetitively lol. I think I need to go for other departments for our upcoming events. Multimedia sounds fun. Food department too. But believe me or not, working in publicity isn't that hectic.

Favourite place in campus
Library. That's it. That is my favourite place. I even have my favourite spots in the library, the places you can always find me sitting at. My campus has two libraries and the one that I'm visiting regularly is the nearest one to my college, and it's the oldest library in the campus. It opens till night but I've never been there at night. Might try it out next semester. My modern physics lecturer said library is the cleverest place on Earth. Well yeah it is, apart from the mosque. The mosque is clever too because it rooms the holy Quran, religious references and it's a place where people talk about beneficial things.



Social life?
I made new friends. The friends that I assume as the ones that will be there to laugh with because I'm yet to discover someone who will thoroughly understand me, and my whole complicated, emotional self. I still confide with my school friends when it comes to personal problems. My friends here are still new, or in other words, don't deserve enough privilege to see my weak, soft side. But I'm glad that they came to help sometimes. I cried a few times but it was without anyone knowing because, no, they didn't have to involve in my problem. Maybe that is why I still feel lonely despite having many caring friends around. 

Whoa, ok hold up I think I wrote too much huhu. Okay I guess that's all for today's/this year's post LOL. Bye. Don't stay tune for my next post. 


Comments

faten.banana said…
Good job, you manage to survive regardless!:D I can totally relate about having classmates as roommates - lol I have fun with them around possibly cause I am relatively unbothered with people in general, welp :D

Popular posts from this blog

My Pottermore Profile

Fresh Beginning